Monday, November 4, 2013

The Best Kept Secret...

That I'm telling everyone about.

So....huge blogger fail. Hey, I've got 3 kids now, it's gonna happen. But I'm at least coming back with something useful.

Remember those tracing pages I made not that long ago? Until last week, I'd been letting Keira use dry-erase markers on it. Now, as a parent of a toddler and babies, this action makes me cringe. Because there is no good way to watch her 100% of the time she has it. At some point, I have to check the boys (or pee or make coffee, etc). Thankfully, she has kept her drawing to the book and binder. The binder will never be the same & we've lost a few good markers, but hey, there's always a few casualties in every war.

Anyway...

We have a dry-erase board that, way back in the spring, I had discovered worked great with washable crayons. Well, my brain finally caught up (sleep deprivation sucks) and it dawned on me that they'd probably work great on those tracing pages as well.


And oh did they.


They work sooo much better. They write as any crayon would, but they wipe off even easier than the markers. Even where Keira pressed really hard and had a build up of wax, it came off a lot easier than I expected.

And it didn't leave that weird discoloration that the blue marker (her fave, of course) does.

So if you have a dry erase surface, go ahead and skip those markers and pick up a pack of washable crayons instead. Added bonus, no caps to lose and they won't dry out.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try this, I get so frustrated with the discoloration from the dry erase markers!

    ReplyDelete