Sunday, October 13, 2013

VoxBox Review

DISCLAIMER: I received these products for free from Influenster in exchange for honest feedback, no other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experiences trying the products.

I received the Mama VoxBox in mail. It contained a BelVita Soft Baked breakfast biscuit, Annie's Homegrown Mac & Cheese, Dr. Scholl's Comfort for Her inserts & Pond's Lumnos Finish BB+ cream. 



BelVita Soft Baked Breakfast Biscuit 
I was pretty excited to try this one. I love their regular breakfast biscuits. (Seriously, if you haven't tried them, get on that.) 


I have to say, I was disappointed. At first glance, it reminds me of the standard oatmeal cookie. It was pretty crumbly which is bad because it just ends up making a big mess. There was hardly any chocolate. Two morsels in the whole thing. Taste? Nope, not cutting it. Right back to the oatmeal cookie, but without the flavor. It was also a bit on the dry side (which would explain the crumbly).

Next up
Annie's Homegrown Mac & Cheese

I usually keep a few microwave mac & cheeses in the pantry of various brands. I'm a mom. I'm not Superwoman. I'm not particular about any brand, but lately I've been getting Kraft because they have a whole grain pasta option.

I followed the directions, which match every other microwave mac & cheese cup. After the 3 minutes of heating, I stirred it and it was like the powder and water had formed a sort of slime/paste type of thing covering the noodles. I'm not really ok with that. I went ahead and added the cheese powder and gave it it a try anyway. And it tastes pretty much the same as all the other microwave mac & cheeses, nothing fantastic.

Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ Creams
I've heard a ton of great things about BB creams so I was really hopeful on this one. I was sent both light and medium tones to try. I tried them at the same time, one on each side of my face. The light was a bit too light and the medium a bit dark. Of course, right?


Overall. I'm not getting the hype. It's nice coverage, but I wasn't impressed enough to justify the extra expense.


Dr. Scholl's Comfort for Her inserts


This one was harder to test, especially since I hardly even put on shoes these days. I dug into my closet and found a pair of basic shoes that I'd have worn to the office. I walked around for a few minutes to reacquaint my feet with the feel of them and then added the inserts. I walked around, then sat, then walked again. I'd say the result of this one are inconclusive. I'm not really willing to wear those shoes for 8 hours if I don't have to and I'm sure that's where the "comfort" comes in. At least, I hope so as I didn't notice any real difference in the few minutes I had them on.




This post was created and published using my iPhone and the photos edited using Phonto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment