Sunday, October 13, 2013

Alphabet Tracing Pages

There's so many fun things to do on Pinterest. You could pick a pin a day and still never run out.

Unfortunately, many of those activities are more than we can manage right now. So I do my best to find ones we can. This one is really great. All you need is a printer, laminator, & a binder. Oh & a dry erase marker. 

I grabbed this font from dafont.com. Can I just say how much I love that site? Love. Like pink puffy heart love.

Anyway, I used Microsoft Word, typed out the alphabet, adjusted the size, and printed. I sized it to fit two letters on an 8.5 x 11 page. 




I laminated 2 pages together back to back, 3-hole punched, and put them in a thin binder. The next morning (because this was done after she was in bed), I gave Keira a dry erase marker and explained what to do. Yeah, no problems at all with that. 








Doesn't everyone have teacups under their tables?



At first, she was more coloring the lines than tracing the letters, but now she does better at actually following the lines and it's helping to improve her fine motor skills.

At the end of the alphabet, I added a couple photos with the person's names underneath it. I need to do more of those, though. She likes those.

Update: Be sure to check out my follow-up about this here

No comments:

Post a Comment