Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sewing Cards

Since the boys were born, I've tried to find activities to keep Keira occupied and happy. I don't have much time as it is, so I can't spend ages looking for stuff or preparing things. Elaborate schemes go right out the window. My mom was talking about making sewing cards for my niece the other day and it sounded like a good idea. But, you know, simple ones.

I found a few free printables on Pinterest and got out the laminator, hole punch, and some yarn (go with a shoelace if you have spare ones handy).

How cute are these?

Seriously? I love this fish.

I tied the yarn to one of the holes so she wouldn't pull it out each time. Then I showed her how to do it and stepped back.

She did pretty good.

And it kept her busy for, oh, about 5 minutes. But it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment