Sunday, June 30, 2013

Play Kitchen

One of the great things about summer is the amount of yard sales. It seems like you can't drive too far on a nice weekend without seeing at least a house or two with all manner of stuff strewn across their front lawns.

Now that we're getting closer to d-date for the boys, I haven't been doing much out & about. However, a few weeks ago, I happened to be running a few errands while my mom watched Keira. As any other person would, I eyed up a yard sale as I drove by and after noticing a bunch of kid items, turned around.

There wasn't much for my interest (a couple walkers, strollers & the like), they did have this kitchen set for $10. The nice woman even put it in the van for me. Once home, the main piece got a good scrubbing in the tub and was ready for play the next morning.

She loves it. It has a sink with turnable handles and 3 different interchangeable options for the other side. She can choose between caring for her "babies" with the bassinet, cooking with the stove top or even learning with the school desk. Whichever tops are not in use are covers for the bins that fit on the shelf underneath and contain her play dishes or whatever. (They were being washed so they aren't pictured)


The set also came with windows. I had put one set in for her, but she decided she liked the double set of windows better.

No comments:

Post a Comment