Monday, November 26, 2012

TAT: Hobbies

Once again, I'm linking up with Growing Up Geeky & Goin' Bananas! for the Toddle Along Tuesday. I'm pretty inconsistent about it, but I suppose that's life, right? I'm trying.

I have way too many hobbies. Seriously. Depending on my mood, I knit, sew, craft, write, photograph, paint, build, design, and more. I just love making things. From Pay It Forward gifts, to Holiday exchanges, to just random undertakings (or overtakings). Of course, sometimes, I get a bit carried away. Thankfully, Doug seemed to take most of it in stride.

Over the past year, I've knitted a blanket and a few scarves.


I've felt crafted bunches of bows & even bow-tie onesies. (Feel free to check out my tutorial here.)

And I've sewn. Lord, how I've sewn.From purses to pillows, luggage tags to little dresses and vests to hooded towels. I can't even begin to remember all the little things I've sewn this year. Keira's couch to say the least.

But I'll be honest, I lose interest. After I've made 4 dresses, I want to make something else. Anything else. That's when the paper crafts & random crafts come in. Like my fabric binder clips that sit on my desk at work.


I also love to refinish things. Like this car that was given to us by my sister. Keira loved it instantly. I prefer it painted. I just need to give the red another coat and finish off the tires.

My latest craziness ambition is on a grander scale. It started with our new headboard (another tutorial, if you're interested). I love it and I loved making it. It really gives me such a sense of fulfillment to make things.
I've got more projects planned for this winter and even the coming spring (too darn cold to be painting stuff during winter in New England) that I'm really excited to tackle. Some painting, some sewing, and I can't wait to get started.

6 comments:

  1. I love the painting on the car! Sewing and knitting are hobbies I would like to take up. Dreaming of the day I can afford to not be required to work full time outside the home. Oh to have time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara. Actually, I work 3 8-hour days out of the home. Most of my projects are done after Keira's bedtime. It's my 'me' time when I get it. If you'd like to try knitting, I found knittinghelp.com has the best video tutorials. That's how I learned. It's pretty inexpensive to start and I find it very relaxing.

      Delete
  2. I love the fabric covered binder clips. They are too darn cute! I use them for everything and they look much nicer than the black ones I have on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll often make a few of one kind of thing and then move on to the next too - makes for a much more impressive selection of creations! :) These things all look great - I wish I were this talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that car is the cutest thing I have ever seen! My son would love it!

    ReplyDelete