Thursday, June 28, 2012

An update or two

I started my new job last week and I have to say, it was a good decision. I'm working 3 days a week with a great group of people. It's an easy commute with hardly any traffic and mostly highway. Unfortunately, it also means getting up early to be ready for work on time. Blah.

We went to a birthday party this weekend. Of course, it was hot as the dickens. They had put out a kiddie pool for the little one to cool off in so Keira was soaking wet most of the afternoon. I made sure that she had her sunblock. Unfortunately, I never thought about me and got a little sunburn. Here she is before leaving the house.

Even though we only went about 5 houses down, I brought 3 changes of clothes. (I had been told about the pool beforehand). We went through all of them. I dried her off and changed her the first time so we could eat, the second time for the cake, and the third for the walk home.

I've also gotten more daring in my cooking. Ha! Right. I added a couple drops of food coloring to our crepes batter. The purple left a bit to be desired but the other 3 were nice & bright. I can see me doing this fairly often.


I also made chicken pot pie poppers. Surprisingly, Doug really liked them (he doesn't usually like pot pies). I also made mini blueberry muffins. Keira especially loved those. They fit her hand perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment