Monday, April 9, 2012

Thankful 30: Post 9 - Lost Loves

It may seem an odd thing to be thankful for, but I am. Today, I was vacuuming my office chair and it hit me  (bear with me, I'll explain). I noticed that after I went over one side, there wasn't any fur. Yeah, I know, isn't that the point of vacuuming? Well, for me it was bittersweet. All those little tiny white strands...gone forever. It made me realize it's been a year since we lost our Pooter to sudden illness. There would never be anymore pieces of fur to fight with futilely. To pull out of clothes, off the furniture. That was it. The last of him. For 11 years, he gave us his unconditional love.

It then made me think of others who have left us. My grandfathers and a grandmother. Doug's grandparents. Other family and friends. They gave us their love and shared their lives. And I am thankful to have had them all in my life, for however brief a time it seemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment