Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bandana Dress

I promised a friend I would do a tutorial on this dress over the weekend and I forgot. So, I'm really sorry, but better late than never, right? It was so simple and takes less than hour. That of course, depends on if you have children.



I bought 2 bandana from Michael's in the Kelly green color. I had thought they'd be smaller and it would fit Keira. Yeah, I was so wrong. They end up being something like a size 4/5, I think.



Anywho take the bandanas out of the packaging. I ironed the creases out, then folded in the top two corners & ironed them flat. Then I stitched all 4. (top 2 on each bandana.) I then trimmed off the excess material.



Next step was folding down the neckline for the ribbon ties. I used the line to match it on both sides. Ironed flat & stitched.



Then I stitched the sides together.



I threaded to ribbon through using a safety pin and pulled it along to sfrunch the material. I also added the lace along the bottom for a little something extra.



And that's it. Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment