Friday, March 9, 2012

The many uses of toilet paper rolls

If you've been on Pinterest for any length of time more than 5 minutes, you seen them. Toilet paper rolls. From seed starters to wall decorations, their uses are unlimited.

In a fit of exhaustion, I devised a creation of my own. Based on a Pinterest find, but with a few alterations. Obviously not the prettiest thing, but had I put a bit more effort in (and not been so bloody tired), I have no doubt it could have come out quite nice.

First cut the toilet paper tube on an angle. I measured 2 inches and used a rotary cutter but you could use a ruler & scissors. And don't worry about squishing it. It squishes back easily.

Next, adhere the paper to the tube.


I tried to adhere the paper, then cut them together. it didn't work quite as well.

Glue 2 tubes together.

Glue them to your backing.

Glue the next set to backing.

I could have fit another set in between but I decided 4 was enough for me, took some pics and called it a night. Now that I'm looking at it again, I realize this could work quite nice all in one straight row for the back of a desk, too. What I like also, is that this could be used on a tabletop or on a wall.

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!

    By the way, I tagged you in my "11 Things" post: http://sbuxsweetie.blogspot.com/2012/03/eleven-things.html :)

    ReplyDelete