Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Back to normal...sort of

Last week was quite the disaster in our house. All Doug & I both came down with stomach viruses. It wasn't pretty. At all. We are very fortunate to have great family who helped us for several days, even staying a couple nights to care for Keira. So a big thank you to them, of course.

I'm now in the process of trying to get back to where I was last week. Between our usual laundry and the extra sick stuff, our washer has been running "non-stop" for the last couple days. That means when I remember that it's been long enough and manage to get downstairs to do it. I've Lysol'd all the light switches, doorknobs and most of the downstairs bathroom. As if being sick wasn't bad enough, right? It gives you extra housework when you finally feel better.

I'm also in the process of going back to work. There. I said it. I won't lie, I'm kind of nervous. Mainly because I've been out of the work force for so long. I'm sure I'll do fine and I'm sure Keira will as well.

Oh and speaking of my little troublemaker...she's walking. That's right, walking. Granted she took her first steps a couple weeks ago, going from my mom or mother-in-law to me and back, 2-3 steps, give or take. Well now she stands up without holding onto anything and she'll walk. She gets about halfway across the room before she gets wobbly. Then she will either fall forward onto her hands or sit down, depending. I've tried to get a video of it, but she will only walk in the evenings and my phone takes horrible video without enough light. No matter what I've tried, she won't walk during the day. Stubborn little monkey. No idea where she gets that from.



Nope. No idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment