Monday, January 2, 2012

2012, Here I come

I've never been a resolutions kind of person. Instead I make goals. I've decided that this year, I want to get more accomplished. I always seem to have so many things to do and yet never the time to actually do them. Of course, then I find myself procrastinating and lazing around.  Not exactly productive. So I've begun a list of things I want to get accomplished in 2012. Some as small and simple, other far more complex and involved. I'm sure there will be set backs and pit falls, but I'm going to push through and try to stay focused. That's another problem I have, I'm easily sidetracked.

I'm hoping to be more organized as well. I've been getting better through the years, keeping track of appointments and such (or cheating by using google calendar reminders). Now with 2012, we're going paperless. Everything will be scanned and saved into appropriate folders, then properly destroyed/recycled/etc. Not only will this make finding it much easier, should we need it, but it is much greener. We won't even get into the amount of space we will recover in the office once this is done. Now if I can only make sure it doesn't clutter up with something else.

I'm finding all sorts of organizing tips and tricks on Pinterest and hoping to try some of them out in our home. I'm so addicted to that website, but in my defense, there are so many great ideas on there. It's also a goal to try at least one "Pin" a week. It could be something big or small, but 1 a week. I'll be sure to post pics here when we do them. We've already done a few.

Well, the laundry is finally dry and now onto another one of my goals: better sleep. Unfortunately, this one is not nearly within my control as much as I'd like it to be. I'm sure we'll have some serious regressions considering Keira is still toothless & teething is such a joy, but we'll get there. My main goal is knowing when to go to bed. I was always a night owl and since having Keira, I have to really focus on stopping what I'm doing (depending what it is) and just go to bed. Like now. Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment