Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pumpkins!

What a warm Columbus Day weekend. It hit 89 degrees (that we noticed). I'm so not ok with that. Yesterday, we went with my mom, grandmother, sister & niece to a local orchard to pick out pumpkins. They had the typical stuff, candy apples, tractor rides, pies, jams, etc. We steered clear of the tractor rides. Keira is still petrified of the vacuum so I don't think she'd be too thrilled by it. We did take a bunch of pictures of Abby & Keira in the hay and picking out their pumpkins.


Keira wasn't really sure what was going when we plopped her in the middle of the pumpkins. I can't say I blame her.


After a couple minutes, she decided which one she liked. And tried to eat it.




 Even as big as her pumpkin was, it still weighed less then she did at birth (she was 8 pounds, 3 ounces).

 My mom and her 2 granddaughters.

At $3.00 for a slice of pie, we decided to go down the road for ice cream instead. It was so hot by then that I stripped Keira down to her diaper so she'd be more comfortable.



After that we went shopping for pajamas for Keira. She's now totally out of anything smaller than 12 months. She's been out of the onesies and such for a couple weeks, but we got a little more time out of the jammies. Did we find any? No. We ended up getting some cute onesies in both 12 & 18 months but no pj's. I like the one piece sleepers and Keira is a furnace so fleece is a no go. We went to three places and all the had were either fleece or two pieces. So we will be going to Target & Kohl's later this week and I'm sure we'll find some there.

No comments:

Post a Comment