Thursday, September 22, 2011

To Grandma's house we go...

Last night I decided I was finally going to capture Keira first morning smile. There's nothing better in the world then going into her room, looking into her crib and watching as her eyes meet mine. They light up and she smiles. Nothing better. So I put my camera on her bureau so that when I got up in the morning, it'd be right there, ready and waiting. Well, she was up a few times last night so I ended up taknig a few while she slept as well.


Today was spent at Grandma's house. We had made plans to work on cake balls & pops. That fell through when we couldn't get the chocolates to melt properly. I'm going to have to do some research on chocolate melts and shelf life. We gave that up but we are going to use the chocolates that aren't melting for decorating instead. So we decided to make sugar eyes. We plopped Keira in the middle of the table on a mat and gave her a bunch of her toys. Abby was out of school by then so she was more interested in her cousin than the toys but either way she was happy.


A few minutes into the process, Keira decided she wanted to be involved and before we realized it, grabbed one of the sheets I had been working on. It wasn't pretty. See for yourself.

She even got it in her hair. On the back of her head.


Needless to say, it was bath time. My mom filled the sink while I stripped her down and in she went. Luckily, it came right off without dyeing her skin (Though I can't say the same for myself. Note to self: wear gloves when dealing with food coloring.) She loves the water. Loves. To the point that next summer, the moment we are in my parent's yard, a life jacket will be on. At all times. My parents has a pool and she is far to fast and loves the water too much. I am not taking any chances. (Feel free to note the difference in water outside the sink between picture 1 and picture 2).



I love this picture. I switched places with my mom. (She had the camera before) It's as if she's not sure she's in trouble with Grandma for making a mess. And Grandma is trying not to laugh. Yeah, she laughed. And Keira kept splashing. She even went after the water from the faucet when it was time to rinse.


And there it is. The nose scrunch. I love when she does that. I have been trying to get a picture of it for a while. Figures my mom was the one with the camera. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment