Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Getting back to the Grind

I've decided to give myself a kick in the butt. I've been starting to get into a rut again and it's no good. I'm going to make a calendar plan and do my best to stick to it. I'm going to organize my time and chores so that things can get done. I'm going to plan times to visit with friends, maybe making some new ones in the process. I'm going to be taking better care of myself. I'd like to do yoga twice a week, with Keira. I found a website that gives some ways to do yoga with a baby so I'm going to try it. If it doesn't work I'll put her in her jumper for a little while. If all else fails, Grandma. :)

I'd also like to start my own mini mom group down the road as well. There are a couple girls that grew up in the neighborhood that have kids (somewhat) around the same age as Keira. They are a couple years younger so we weren't really friends with them before but I'm thinking we all have little ones now, why the heck not? They are all nice people and it would be great to have friends who are dealing with the same stuff we are kid-wise.

On a side note, I think Keira is beginning to get the signing. Today while my mother-in-law was here, she was making movements with her hands that looked like the sign for banana, minus the outstretched finger. She did it a couple more times and at one point put out her finger, which is what makes me think she is signing "banana" and not "more". 6 1/2 months old and learning signs. She's so smart! I'm so screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment