Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Prep & Hot Pot

This morning was spent with Doug & his nephew, prepping our yard for Hurricane Irene. We have to move our lawn chairs and a bunch of other stuff inside the sheds. It didn't take too long but of course, it decided to rain just as we started. The three of us were soaked by the time we were done. I have candles and water prepared in case we lose power. I doubt anything severe will happen to our immediate area, but I made sure Keira's diapers were clean and dry for the morning anyway.

Afterward we went to Hot Pot Buffet in Chinatown with a bunch of friends to celebrate Doug's birthday. The food was good and I can't believe I ate so much. My in-laws watched Keira for us. She did pretty good but it was during the day. Usually come 8-ish, she turns into a raging crank so I don't like to leave her with anyone or be out. It's just easier all around. We invited everyone back to our house and have some cake, coffee and a couple card games. All in all a nice evening. Hurricane Irene is supposed to hit tomorrow so we'll see how the day goes. I have no plans except to clean around the house and play with Keira. Doug & I checked that all the windows & doors were locked and now we're heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment