Thursday, May 12, 2011

Crockpot Cooking

I recently discovered a blog titled A Year of Slow Cooking. I have 2 (ok, 3, but it's tiny) crockpots and have been wanting to use them since cooking dinner with Keira is not very easy. I love this website. Seriously. Love.

So far we have tried the Salsa Chicken and Brown Sugar Chicken. I bastardized the recipe for the Salsa Chicken horribly. We didn't have frozen corn so I used a half a can of corn. We didn't have chicken broth so I used half a can of pineapple chunks and juice. No can of blank beans so I tossed in a box of Black Bean & Rice mix. It actually turned out pretty good.

The Brown Sugar Chicken? Oh.My.God. So freakin' good. Doug actually said he'd eat it without adding anything to it. This is the man who cannot live without BBQ sauce or ketchup. After I took the chicken out, I thought, "what the hell?" and tossed in a few Italian Sweet sausages. They were done cooking about 10 pm so I figured I would just try a bite and put them in the fridge for the next night. Yeah, right. I devoured 2 and had to restrain myself from eating the other 2 so Doug could try them. I ended up cooking the rest of the sausages that way the next morning so I had to buy more so that I can try the potato & sausage overnight recipe.

Right now, I've got the Asian Peanut Butter Pork in there and it already smells good. I can't wait to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment